6.5 to 45
Continue/Peak Current (A):
Rds(on) (HS+LS) (Ω):
- Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver Drives Two DC Motors, One Stepper Motor, or Other Loads
- Wide 6.8V to 45V Operating Voltage
- 3.6-A Peak Current Drive
- Parallel PWM Control Interface
- Integrated Current Regulation
- Low-Power Sleep Mode
- VM Under Voltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Over Current Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Automatic Fault Recovery
- HTSSOP20 Package and Footprint
- The TMI8423 device is a dual H-bridge motor driver for printers, appliances, industrial equipment and other small machines. Two sets of logic inputs control the H-bridge drivers, which drive a bipolar stepper motor or two DC motors. TMI8423 is capable of driving motors with up to 3.6-A peak current. The input signals can be pulse width modulated (PWM) to control motor speed. Setting all inputs low enter a lowpower sleep mode.
- The TMI8423 device integrates current regulation based on the analog inputs VREF and the voltage on the ISENSE pins, which are proportional to motor current through an external sense resistor. The ability to limit current to a known level can significantly reduce the power requirements and bulk capacitance needed to maintain stable voltage, especially for motor start and stall conditions.
- The device is fully protected from faults and short circuits, including UVLO，OCP, and TSD.
Other Mechatronics Applications